Day 207..#Dentist Saga IV..

So..I woke up this morning excited for two things.

Firstly because I would be going home and secondly because I would finally be getting the crown fitted on my implant..

I don’t know which one I was more excited for 😛

So, I woke up this morning bright and early at 7am..had a shower, got dressed, did my hair and finished packing my suitcase.

Then I changed the sheets, wiped down all the surfaces and glass and kind of just stood there..staring out of the was weird leaving somewhere that for the last 11 months has been my home..I ran the vacuum through the room for a final time and put it away.

I looked at the time appointment was at 9:30, so I headed out.

I got to the dentist at 09:27 and sat down waiting for the dentist to arrive. About 5 minutes after I came in, a delivery guy came and started talking to the dental assistant that was at the reception, 10 minutes after he came in, the dentist entered. I was watching TV so I actually did not notice.

“Come on!” the dental assistant said to me smiling. She shook the box. The delivery guy had brought in my crown. I looked at the exit, turned back, smiled and decided to follow. I’d come too far to want to escape now..I was getting that tooth!

I sat down in the chair and was about to ask whether I would need anaesthesia or not when I tipped my head backwards and saw the GIANT needle!

“Noooooooo” I cried..they laughed!

The dentist injected the anaesthesia then opened the container that held my tooth.

“Can I see it?” I asked. “I have to take a picture for my blog!”

“Sure” he said laughing.

He handed it to me and I held it by the screw, then the dental assistant offered to hold it whilst I took the picture. She took it out of my hand and that’s when we realised that the screw had fallen out!

“Oh no..where is the screw?”

It all happened so fast! The dentist began to move my chair back up and asked me to stand to see if it was underneath me! Luckily, I stood up and there it was!

The dentist then took it and placed it on his tray and told me to take the photo..

My Crown =)

That hole was where the screw was (it was filled with something after it had been fitted and UV sprayed to neutralise whatever they had filled it with)!

Anyway, I lay back down, and 15 minutes later it was over! Finished!

Then the dentist told me how to take care of my tooth and what I’d need to do to preserve the screw and told me to have a safe flight!

It was over..done..completed!

In 2 days (I was told), I could use my tooth to its full functionality!

I was totally excited! I’d forgotten what it’s like to eat on that side of my mouth..

I’m so glad the whole saga is over..

I’m not that traumatised!

Tomorrow I’ll tell you guys about my journey’s a LONG one! =)

~ by originalapplejunkie on July 25, 2012.

6 Responses to “Day 207..#Dentist Saga IV..”

  1. i am so happy for you that your tooth saga is now ended!!!!! happy flying

  2. Hole in one!

  3. I can feel your relief! LOL!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: